Tuna Casserole: A Delicious and Nutritious Meal
Tuna casserole is a classic dish that’s easy to make and full of flavor. Whether you’re a busy parent looking for a quick dinner option or a student on a budget, this dish is perfect for everyone. Plus, it’s a great way to add some healthy protein and vegetables to your diet.
– 2 cans of tuna packed in water
– 1 can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
– 1 cup of milk
– 8 oz. of egg noodles
– 1 cup of frozen peas
– 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
– 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
– 2 tablespoons of butter
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. Cook egg noodles according to package instructions and then set aside.
3. Drain the cans of tuna and add them to a mixing bowl. Use a fork to flake the tuna into small pieces.
4. To the mixing bowl, add the cream of mushroom soup, milk, frozen peas, shredded cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper. Mix everything until it’s well-combined.
5. In a separate pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the breadcrumbs and stir until they are coated with the butter.
6. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Add the cooked egg noodles to the bottom of the dish.
7. Pour the tuna mixture on top of the egg noodles, making sure to spread it evenly.
8. Top the tuna mixture with the breadcrumb mixture.
9. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the casserole is heated through.
– Tuna casserole is a nutritious and easy-to-make meal that’s perfect for busy people.
– The main ingredients include canned tuna, condensed cream of mushroom soup, egg noodles, frozen peas, cheddar cheese, breadcrumbs, and butter.
– To make the casserole, cook the noodles, mix the tuna with the other ingredients, top it with breadcrumbs, and bake for 25-30 minutes.
– Tuna casserole is a great source of protein and is rich in vitamins and minerals.
– This recipe can be customized to fit your taste preferences by adding different vegetables or using different types of cheese.