Easter Chick Cupcakes Recipe
Easter is right around the corner, and what better way to celebrate than by baking some adorable Easter chick cupcakes? In this article, we will share a step-by-step guide on how to make these cute and delicious cupcakes.
For the cupcakes:
– 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– ½ tsp baking soda
– ¼ tsp salt
– ¾ cup granulated sugar
– 1/3 cup vegetable oil
– 2 large eggs
– ½ cup buttermilk
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the decorations:
– 1 batch of buttercream frosting (can be homemade or store-bought)
– Yellow food coloring
– Orange and black decorating gel
– Cupcake pan
– Cupcake liners
– Mixing bowls
– Electric or stand mixer
– Piping bag and tips (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the sugar and vegetable oil together until creamy.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Gradually mix in the flour mixture, alternating with the buttermilk and vanilla.
6. Once the batter is well combined, spoon it into the cupcake liners until they are about 2/3 full.
7. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Let the cupcakes cool completely before decorating.
9. To make the buttercream frosting, mix together softened butter, powdered sugar, and a few drops of yellow food coloring until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
10. To decorate the cupcakes, start with a single layer of yellow buttercream on each cupcake.
11. Using orange decorating gel, draw a small beak and feet on each chick.
12. With black decorating gel, add two small dots for eyes above the beak.
13. For a more advanced decoration, put the yellow buttercream into a piping bag with a large round tip and pipe a small swirl on top of the cupcake. You can then add the face features using decorating gel as described above.
14. Once you’ve decorated all the cupcakes, display them on a platter or arrange them in an egg carton for an extra cute touch.
– Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with liners.
– Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in one bowl, and beat sugar and oil in another bowl.
– Gradually mix in flour mixture, alternating with buttermilk and vanilla.
– Bake for 18-20 minutes.
– Let the cupcakes cool before decorating them with yellow frosting, orange gel for beak and feet, and black gel for eyes.
– Display cupcakes on platter or in egg carton for Easter presentation.