Cointreau Tutorial – The Original Margarita Recipe
If you are looking for the perfect balance of sweet and tart in a cocktail, look no further than the original margarita recipe. Created with just three simple ingredients – Cointreau, lime juice, and tequila, this classic cocktail is easy to make and sure to impress your guests.
Let’s get started by gathering the necessary ingredients and equipment:
– 1 1/2 oz of tequila
– 1 oz of Cointreau
– 3/4 oz of fresh lime juice
– Salt for rimming (optional)
– Cocktail shaker
– Cocktail strainer
– Margarita glass
– Lime for garnish
1. Rim the glass (optional). If you like the taste of salt with your margarita, you can rim the glass. Begin by rubbing a lime wedge around the rim of the glass. Then turn the glass upside down and dip it into a salt dish.
2. Add ice to the cocktail shaker. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice to chill the drink.
3. Add the tequila, Cointreau, and lime juice to the shaker.
4. Shake well. Secure the top of the shaker with the strainer to prevent ice from entering the drink. Shake the mixture vigorously until the shaker is very cold to the touch.
5. Strain the drink into a margarita glass.
6. Garnish the glass with a lime wedge.
– The original margarita recipe is a classic cocktail made with tequila, Cointreau, and fresh lime juice.
– To make the cocktail, a cocktail shaker, cocktail strainer, and margarita glass are needed.
– Optionally, the glass can be rimmed with salt for added flavor.
– The drink is shaken until it is cold and then strained into the glass.
– Garnish the drink with a lime wedge for an added touch of flavor.
– Enjoy the perfect balance of sweet and tart flavors in every sip.