Classic Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipe
As one of the timeless dish loved by many, a classic tuna noodle casserole is a perfect meal for cold days or when you’re craving for something warm and comforting. This recipe is simple and easy to make, and it will surely satisfy your hunger. Here’s how:
– 12 oz wide egg noodles
– 2 cans of tuna in water, drained
– 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
– 1 cup of frozen peas
– 1 cup of milk
– 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
– 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
– 2 tbsp. of butter
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Cook the egg noodles according to the package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
3. In a skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the frozen peas and cook for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
4. Add the tuna to the skillet and stir until combined.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together the cream of mushroom soup and milk until smooth. Pour the mixture into the skillet and stir until well-combined.
6. Add the cooked egg noodles to the skillet and stir. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
7. Transfer the mixture to a 9×13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bread crumbs.
8. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the bread crumbs are golden brown.
9. Serve hot and enjoy!
– A classic tuna noodle casserole is a perfect meal for cold days or when you’re craving for something warm and comforting.
– This recipe is simple and easy to make, and it will surely satisfy your hunger.
– Some of the ingredients needed are wide egg noodles, canned tuna in water, cream of mushroom soup, frozen peas, milk, shredded cheddar cheese, bread crumbs, butter, salt, and pepper.
– The directions include cooking the egg noodles until al dente, adding melted butter to cook the frozen peas, adding tuna and stirring until combined, whisking together cream of mushroom soup and milk, adding the cooked egg noodles to the skillet and seasoning with salt and pepper, transferring the mixture to a baking dish, and baking for 20-25 minutes.
– Serve hot and enjoy your classic tuna noodle casserole!