Classic Tuna Casserole Recipe: Easy and Tasty
Looking for an easy and tasty recipe that can be whipped up in no time? A classic tuna casserole may be just what you need! This dish is a household favorite, and it’s not hard to understand why. It’s affordable, simple to make, and is incredibly satisfying. Plus, with a few tweaks, you can give it your own twist and make it your go-to meal.
Let’s dive in to learn how to make this classic tuna casserole.
– 2 cans of tuna, drained
– 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
– 1 cup of frozen peas
– 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
– 1 cup of milk
– 1 box of elbow macaroni, cooked
– 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
– 2 tablespoons of butter
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a pot, cook the elbow macaroni according to the package instruction, and set it aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the drained tuna, cream of mushroom soup, frozen peas, shredded cheddar cheese, and milk. Season it with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add the cooked macaroni into the mixing bowl, and stir until everything is evenly mixed.
5. Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with butter, and add the tuna and macaroni mixture to it.
6. Top the mixture with breadcrumbs and dot it with butter.
7. Bake the casserole in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until it’s golden brown on the top.
8. Once done, let the casserole cool for a few minutes before serving.
Summary of the recipe:
– Cook elbow macaroni according to package instruction.
– Mix tuna, cream of mushroom soup, frozen peas, shredded cheddar cheese, and milk in a large bowl.
– Add macaroni and stir evenly.
– Grease baking dish and pour tuna and macaroni mixture.
– Top it off with breadcrumbs and butter.
– Bake for 25-30 minutes at 375°F.
– Let cool before serving.
There you have it! This classic tuna casserole recipe is easy, tasty, and perfect for any day of the week. You can experiment with different ingredients, such as mushrooms or onions, or swap out the tuna for chicken or salmon. Either way, it’s a dish that’s sure to satisfy. So, next time you want to whip up a comforting meal that won’t take up too much of your time, give this classic tuna casserole recipe a try!