Caramel Custard Pudding [Best Recipe]
Caramel Custard Pudding is a classic dessert that is enjoyed by many around the world. It is rich, creamy, and has a sweet caramel sauce that pairs perfectly with the smooth texture of the pudding. This recipe is easy to follow and can be made with just a few simple ingredients.
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 1/4 cup water
– 4 large eggs
– 2 cups whole milk
– 1/4 cup granulated sugar
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. In a saucepan, combine one cup of granulated sugar with 1/4 cup of water. Stir over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Then, increase the heat to high and continue to cook, without stirring, until the mixture turns to a deep amber color. This should take around 8 minutes.
3. Pour the caramel into a 9-inch round baking dish, tilting the dish to coat the bottom and sides evenly. Allow the caramel to cool and harden for a few minutes.
4. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until the mixture becomes light yellow and frothy. Add in the milk and vanilla extract, and whisk until everything is thoroughly combined.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish, over the hardened caramel.
6. Fill a baking dish with hot water about halfway up the sides of the pudding dish.
7. Bake for approximately 50 minutes, or until the pudding is set. It should still jiggle slightly when shaken.
8. Remove from the oven and let cool for at least an hour so that the caramel sauce can set.
9. Once the pudding is cooled, run a knife around the edges of the dish to loosen it. Place a plate over the pudding dish and invert it onto the plate. The caramel sauce will flow over the pudding.
10. Serve the caramel custard pudding chilled or at room temperature.
– Caramel Custard Pudding is a classic dessert that is rich, creamy, and sweet.
– The recipe requires simple ingredients such as sugar, water, eggs, milk, and vanilla extract.
– The caramel is made by heating sugar and water until it turns amber in color.
– The pudding mixture is made with eggs, sugar, milk, and vanilla extract.
– Pour the pudding mixture over the cooled, hardened caramel in a baking dish and bake in a water bath for 50 minutes.
– Let the pudding cool for at least an hour and then invert onto a plate to serve.