Meatloaf is a classic, hearty dish that is perfect for a comforting dinner. And the best part is that it is very easy to make from scratch. If you want to make homemade meatloaf that is moist, delicious, and packed with flavor, read on to learn how to make it step-by-step.
– 1 lb. ground beef
– 1/2 lb. ground pork
– 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
– 1/4 cup milk
– 1 egg
– 1 small onion, finely diced
– 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
– 2 tbsp. ketchup
– 1 tsp. salt
– 1/2 tsp. black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef and pork, breadcrumbs, milk, egg, onion, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, salt, and pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
3. Transfer the meat mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or into a loaf pan.
4. Shape the mixture into a loaf shape, making sure it is tightly packed.
5. Drizzle a little extra ketchup on top of the loaf and spread it evenly over the surface. This will give the meatloaf a nice glaze and help keep it moist.
6. Bake the meatloaf in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes or until it is fully cooked. You can check for doneness by inserting a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the meatloaf. The internal temperature should read 160°F (71°C).
7. Once cooked, take the meatloaf out of the oven and let it rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing it.
– You can use any ground meat you like, such as turkey or chicken, but beef and pork make for a more classic meatloaf flavor.
– To make the meatloaf even more flavorful, you can add chopped garlic, grated cheese, or finely diced vegetables like carrots, celery or bell peppers to the meat mixture.
– If you want to save time, you can mix the ingredients the night before and keep it in the fridge until you are ready to cook it.
– Combine ground beef and pork, breadcrumbs, milk, egg, onion, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, salt, and pepper.
– Transfer mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or into a loaf pan.
– Shape into a loaf shape and coat with extra ketchup on top.
– Bake at 350°F for 50-60 minutes.
– Let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.