Tuna noodle casserole is a classic comfort food but if you’re looking to make it healthier, this recipe is perfect for you. This dish is a great source of protein and healthy fats. In addition, it is easy to make and can feed a crowd. Here is a recipe for a healthy tuna noodle casserole that you can make tonight!
-8 oz of whole wheat egg noodles
-1 can of tuna, drained and flaked
-1/2 cup of chopped celery
-1/2 cup of chopped carrots
-1/2 cup of chopped onion
-1/2 cup of frozen peas
-1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
-1/2 cup of low-fat cream of mushroom soup
-1/2 cup of sour cream
-1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
-1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
-1/2 teaspoon of dried parsley
-1/2 teaspoon of dried basil
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Cook the whole wheat egg noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
3. In a skillet, cook the chopped celery, onion, and carrots until they are tender. Add the frozen peas and cook an additional 2 minutes.
4. In a mixing bowl, mix together the Greek yogurt, low-fat cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, garlic powder, dried parsley, and dried basil.
5. Add the cooked whole wheat egg noodles, vegetables, and tuna to the mixing bowl and mix well.
6. Pour the mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish, cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
7. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and let the casserole cool for a few minutes before serving.
-To make a healthy tuna noodle casserole, use whole wheat egg noodles and add chopped vegetables.
-Mix together Greek yogurt, low-fat cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, and shredded cheese for a creamy sauce.
-Add tuna, cooked noodles, and vegetables to the sauce mixture.
-Bake in the oven for 25 minutes covered with foil and remove the foil and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
-Let it cool down for a few minutes before serving.