Classic Tuna Noodle Casserole ~ Retro Recipe ~ Noreen’s Kitchen
If you’re looking for a comforting and delicious meal that’s easy to make, you can’t go wrong with Classic Tuna Noodle Casserole. This retro recipe has been a staple in American kitchens for generations, and it’s still beloved by many today. In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps of making this timeless dish, so you can whip up a batch whenever you’re in the mood for some comfort food.
– 12 oz. egg noodles, cooked and drained
– 1 can (10.5 oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup
– 1/2 cup milk
– 1/2 cup mayonnaise
– 1 can (12 oz.) tuna, drained and flaked
– 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
– 1/4 cup chopped onion
– 1/4 cup chopped celery
– 1/2 tsp. salt
– 1/4 tsp. black pepper
– 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the cooked egg noodles, condensed cream of mushroom soup, milk, and mayonnaise. Mix well.
3. Add the drained tuna, thawed peas, chopped onion, chopped celery, salt, and black pepper. Stir everything together until fully combined.
4. Transfer the mixture to a 2-quart casserole dish.
5. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese on top of the casserole.
6. Bake the casserole in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the casserole is heated through.
7. Serve the casserole while it’s still hot and enjoy!
– Classic Tuna Noodle Casserole is a comfort food that’s easy to make and loved by many.
– The ingredients include egg noodles, cream of mushroom soup, milk, mayonnaise, tuna, peas, onion, celery, salt, pepper, and cheddar cheese.
– To make the casserole, you must combine the ingredients in a large bowl, transfer the mixture to a casserole dish, sprinkle cheese on top, and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes at 375°F.
– This recipe is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner or for when you’re in the mood for some nostalgia.