Valentine’s Day Heart Shaped Pancakes | No special tools required!
Valentine’s Day is here and you want to surprise your special someone with a romantic breakfast. What better way to start the day than with heart-shaped pancakes! They are easy to make and require no special tools, just a few basic kitchen items.
– 1 cup flour
– 2 tbsp sugar
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp baking soda
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 cup milk
– 1 egg
– 2 tbsp melted butter
– Vanilla extract
– Red food coloring
– Cooking spray
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, egg, melted butter, and a few drops of vanilla extract.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until the batter is smooth.
4. Divide the batter in half, putting half into a separate bowl. In one bowl, add red food coloring until you achieve a desired color, making the batter pink.
5. Preheat a non-stick pan or griddle over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray.
6. Using a spoon or a small ladle, pour the pink batter onto the pan, forming two heart shapes, side by side. Cook until the surface of the pancake is bubbly and the edges start to look set, then flip the pancake over and cook the other side until golden brown.
7. Using a spoon, create precision heart shapes by gently rounding off the top of each pancake, and pinching the bottom of the pancake at the middle point to achieve an indentation for the bottom of the heart.
8. Pour a spoonful of the plain batter over the indentation to cover it and to close the heart shape.
9. Cook for about 1 minute, then flip and cook for another minute or until both sides are golden brown.
10. Serve warm with your favorite toppings, such as sliced strawberries, whipped cream, chocolate chips, or maple syrup.
Valentine’s Day Heart Shaped Pancakes are a perfect way to surprise your special someone for breakfast. Here are the summary points to make the recipe easy and flawless.
– Whisk dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately
– Divide the batter in half, making one half pink with food coloring
– Cook pancakes side by side in a non-stick pan or griddle
– Using spoons create precision heart shapes by rounding off the top and pinching the bottom of each pancake
– Cover the bottom point with plain batter to close the heart shape
– Flip, cook and serve warm with your preferred toppings.