Turkey Meatloaf with Vegetables and Oats l Meatloaf That Is Good for You
Are you tired of the same old beef meatloaf? Do you want a healthier option that will still taste amazing? This Turkey Meatloaf with Vegetables and Oats is the perfect solution! It is packed with flavor and nutrients and is perfect for satisfying those comfort food cravings. In this article, we will take you step-by-step through the recipe to make this delicious dish.
• 1 pound ground turkey
• 1 cup of oatmeal
• 1 egg
• 1 small onion, finely chopped
• 1 bell pepper, finely chopped
• 1 zucchini, shredded
• 1 carrot, shredded
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the ground turkey, oatmeal, egg, onion, bell pepper, zucchini, carrot, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, paprika, salt, and pepper.
3. Place the mixture in a loaf pan and pack it down firmly.
4. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
5. Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
6. Use a knife to loosen the meatloaf from the edges of the pan before turning it out on a plate.
7. Slice and serve with your favorite sides.
• Calories: 187
• Total Fat: 6.2g
• Saturated Fat: 1.5g
• Cholesterol: 86mg
• Sodium: 292mg
• Total Carbohydrates: 12.6g
• Dietary Fiber: 2.8g
• Sugars: 3.6g
• Protein: 20.7g
Benefits of Turkey Meatloaf with Vegetables and Oats:
1. Low in calories: With only 187 calories per serving, this recipe is perfect for those who are watching their weight.
2. High in protein: The ground turkey is a great source of protein, which is essential for building and repairing muscles.
3. Packed with vegetables: The zucchini, carrot, onion, and bell pepper provide a hearty dose of vitamins and minerals.
4. Low in fat: This recipe contains only 6.2g of fat per serving, making it a healthier choice than the traditional beef meatloaf.
5. High in fiber: The oatmeal and vegetables provide a good amount of dietary fiber, which is important for maintaining digestive health.
In conclusion, this Turkey Meatloaf with Vegetables and Oats is a healthy and delicious option that is perfect for any dinner table. It is easy to make and can be customized to fit your taste preferences. So, try it out for yourself and enjoy a tasty and nutritious meal!
• Preheat oven to 350°F
• Mix turkey, oatmeal, egg, onion, bell pepper, zucchini, carrot, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, paprika, salt, and pepper
• Place mixture in a loaf pan, bake for 50-60 mins
• Let cool and serve
•This recipe is low in calories and fat, high in protein, packed with vegetables, and high in fiber.