Super Easy Christmas Pudding Recipe | Plum Pudding Recipe |Easy Christmas Dessert
Christmas is incomplete without a traditional Christmas pudding. It is a delightful dessert that is packed with lots of flavours and is easy to make. This recipe for super easy Christmas pudding doesn’t require any special skills or equipment, and you will be able to impress your friends and family with this festive dessert.
– 100 grams chopped dried figs
– 100 grams chopped dried apricots
– 100 grams raisins
– 75 grams currants
– 75 grams sultanas
– 75 grams chopped mixed peel
– 50 grams glace cherries (halved)
– 50 grams chopped walnuts
– 1 medium-sized apple (peeled, cored, and grated)
– 1 medium-sized carrot (peeled and grated)
– 150 grams plain flour
– 150 grams light brown sugar
– 150 grams fresh breadcrumbs
– 1 teaspoon ground ginger
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
– 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 3 large eggs
– 125 grams unsalted butter (melted)
– 1/2 cup dark rum
1. Mix all the dried fruit, mixed peel, glace cherries, and chopped walnuts in a large bowl.
2. Add the grated apple and grated carrot to the bowl and combine.
3. In another mixing bowl, combine the plain flour, brown sugar, breadcrumbs, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt.
4. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and add melted butter to it.
5. Add the beaten egg and melted butter mixture to the flour mixture and mix them together.
6. Gradually add the wet ingredients to the bowl with the fruit mixture, mixing until everything is combined.
7. Pour the mixture into a 1.5-litre pudding basin and cover with a piece of baking paper followed by a piece of foil.
8. Secure the foil and baking paper in place with a piece of string or a rubber band to prevent water from entering the pudding.
9. Place the pudding basin on a trivet in a large cooking pot.
10. Pour boiling water into the pot until it reaches halfway up the sides of the pudding basin.
11. Cover the pot and steam the pudding for 5 hours or until it’s cooked through.
12. Once done, remove the pudding from the pot and let it cool down at room temperature.
13. Store the Christmas pudding in a cool, dark place for a few days before serving.
14. Before serving, heat the pudding in a microwave or in a steamer for 30 minutes.
15. Pour the dark rum over the pudding and light it up just before serving.
16. Serve the warm and delicious Christmas pudding with whipped cream or custard and enjoy!
– This recipe for super easy Christmas pudding is a traditional dessert that is easy to make.
– It is made with dried fruits, mixed peel, glace cherries, and nuts, combined with grated apple and carrot.
– The pudding mixture is made with flour, brown sugar, breadcrumbs, and spices, mixed with beaten egg and melted butter.
– The pudding is steamed for 5 hours and can be stored for a few days before serving.
– It is served warm and topped with dark rum and whipped cream or custard.