Strawberry cake is a popular treat enjoyed by many. The best thing about it is that it is versatile and can be made in many ways. This incredible strawberry cake dessert recipe is perfect to surprise everybody. It is easy to make and requires only a few ingredients. Follow the steps below for a delicious dessert that will satisfy your sweet tooth.
For the cake:
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
– 2 large eggs
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– 1/2 cup buttermilk
– 1/2 cup whole milk
For the strawberry frosting:
– 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 3-4 cups powdered sugar
– 1/2 cup pureed strawberries
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– A pinch of salt
1. Begin by preheating your oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Grease two 8-inch round cake pans with cooking spray or butter.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. In a separate large mixing bowl, beat the softened butter with an electric mixer for about 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
5. Add sugar and beat for another 2 minutes.
6. Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the butter mixture and beat together for another 2 minutes.
7. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture in increments, alternating with the buttermilk and whole milk until everything is evenly combined.
8. Divide the batter between the two cake pans, smooth the tops with an offset spatula and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
9. Allow the cakes to cool in their pans for 10 minutes before transferring them onto a wire rack to cool completely.
10. While the cakes are cooling, prepare the strawberry frosting. Start by beating the softened butter until light and fluffy.
11. Gradually add in the powdered sugar, one cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
12. Add the pureed strawberries, vanilla extract, and salt and beat until everything is evenly combined.
13. Once the cakes are completely cooled, place one cake layer onto a serving plate.
14. Spread a layer of strawberry frosting onto the cake layer.
15. Place the second cake layer on top of the first cake layer.
16. Frost the top and sides of the cake with the remaining strawberry frosting.
17. Garnish with fresh strawberries on top of the cake.
18. Keep the cake covered and refrigerated until serving time.
– Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease two 8-inch round cake pans.
– Whisk together the dry ingredients and set aside.
– Beat the butter with sugar until light and fluffy, then add eggs and vanilla extract.
– Gradually add in the dry ingredients and milk until everything is evenly combined.
– Divide the batter between the cake pans and bake for 25-30 minutes.
– While the cakes cool, prepare the strawberry frosting by beating butter, powdered sugar, pureed strawberries, vanilla extract, and salt until evenly combined.
– Layer the cake with the frosting and garnish with fresh strawberries.