Easy Dessert Recipe: Strawberry Shortcake 🍓🍰
Looking for a sweet and easy dessert recipe? Try making a classic strawberry shortcake! This tasty treat is perfect for any occasion, from a weekend brunch to a dinner party. Follow these simple steps to create a strawberry shortcake that will impress your guests.
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 tbsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1/4 cup sugar
– 6 tbsp unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
– 3/4 cup milk
– 1 egg
– 2 lbs fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
– 1/4 cup sugar
– Whipped cream, for serving
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
3. Cut the butter into the flour mixture using a pastry blender or two knives until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk and egg. Add the wet mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
5. On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough a few times until it comes together. Press the dough into a 1-inch-thick square and cut it into 9 equal pieces.
6. Place the dough pieces onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes or until the tops are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
7. While the shortcakes are cooling, prepare the strawberries by tossing them with sugar in a large bowl.
8. To assemble the shortcakes, cut each cake in half and spoon a generous amount of strawberries and their juice onto the bottom half. Add a dollop of whipped cream, then place the top half of the cake on top.
9. Serve immediately and enjoy your delicious strawberry shortcake!
Summary of Steps:
– Preheat the oven to 400°F and prepare a baking sheet.
– Mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a bowl.
– Blend in cubed butter to make a crumbly mixture.
– Mix milk and egg in another bowl and add to the flour mixture.
– Knead the dough and cut it into 9 equal pieces.
– Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown.
– Toss strawberries in sugar.
– Cut each cake in half and add strawberries, whipped cream and the top half to assemble.
– Serve and enjoy!