Chocolate mousse is a decadent dessert that is both delicious and easy to make. This creamy chocolate delight is perfect for parties, special occasions, or even as a mid-week treat. Here’s a recipe for easy chocolate mousse that you can make in no time.
– 1 cup heavy cream
– 8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
– 3 eggs, separated
– 1/4 cup granulated sugar
– 1/4 tsp. salt
– 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. In a double boiler or a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, melt the chocolate chips until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract until thick and pale, about 2 minutes.
3. Add the melted chocolate to the egg yolk mixture and fold until well combined.
4. In a separate mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
5. In another mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form.
6. Gently fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture, followed by the beaten egg whites, until no white streaks remain.
7. Transfer the chocolate mousse mixture into individual serving dishes or one large bowl. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or until set.
8. Serve cold topped with whipped cream, shaved chocolate, or your choice of toppings.
– Chocolate mousse is a decadent and easy-to-make dessert that’s perfect for any occasion.
– Ingredients needed for the recipe include heavy cream, semi-sweet chocolate chips, eggs, granulated sugar, salt, and vanilla extract.
– To prepare the recipe, you need to melt the chocolate, beat the egg yolks, add melted chocolate into the egg yolk mixture, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form, whip the heavy cream, fold the whipped cream and egg whites into the chocolate mixture, transfer into individual serving dishes, and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.