Old Fashioned Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipe
Tuna noodle casserole is a classic American dish that many of us grew up with. This simple recipe combines pantry staples like canned tuna, egg noodles, and cream of mushroom soup into a savory casserole that’s perfect for a weeknight meal. Here’s how to make it.
– 1 (12 oz) can tuna, drained
– 1 (10.5 oz) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
– 1/2 cup milk
– 1 cup frozen peas
– 2 cups cooked egg noodles
– 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the drained tuna, condensed cream of mushroom soup, and milk. Mix until well combined.
3. Add in the frozen peas and cooked egg noodles, stirring to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Pour the mixture into a greased 9×13 inch baking dish, spreading it evenly.
5. Top the casserole with shredded cheddar cheese.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the casserole is heated through.
7. Remove the casserole from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
This recipe serves 4-6 people and can easily be doubled if you’re feeding a larger group.
– You can use any type of canned tuna for this recipe, including solid white, chunk light, or flaked varieties.
– To make this recipe even easier, you can use frozen egg noodles that have been cooked according to the package directions.
– Feel free to mix up the veggies in this casserole. You can use frozen mixed vegetables or canned green beans instead of peas.
– Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
This old fashioned tuna noodle casserole is a nostalgic dish that’s perfect for a quick and easy dinner. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a filling and flavor-packed meal that the whole family will love. Give it a try tonight and see for yourself!