Meatloaf with Oatmeal | An Easy and Gluten-Free Recipe with the Best Glaze
Meatloaf is an American classic that is the perfect comfort food, and with this recipe, you can make a delicious and gluten-free version. Adding oatmeal to the meatloaf mix brings in a wholesome and flavorful twist to this most loved family meal, and the glaze takes it a notch higher. Here’s how you can make an easy gluten-free meatloaf with oatmeal and the best glaze:
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 60-70 minutes
Total Time: 70-80 minutes
Ingredients for Meatloaf:
1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. ground pork
1 cup gluten-free oatmeal
1 medium onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 large egg
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
Ingredients for Glaze:
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix the ground beef, ground pork, chopped onion, minced garlic, oatmeal, egg, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, salt, black pepper, thyme, parsley, and rosemary until well combined.
3. Press the mixture into a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
4. For the glaze, in another mixing bowl, whisk together ketchup, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, honey, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, and onion powder until well combined.
5. Spread half the glaze over the meatloaf.
6. Bake the meatloaf for 45-50 minutes.
7. Add the remaining glaze over the meatloaf, and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until the meatloaf is cooked all the way through with no pink in the middle.
8. Let the meatloaf rest for 10 minutes, then slice and serve.
– Meatloaf is a classic American comfort food, and making it gluten-free is an easy switch that anyone can try.
– Adding oatmeal to the meatloaf mix brings in a wholesome and flavorful twist to this family meal.
– The glaze takes the meatloaf a notch higher, and the recipe given here is the best.
– Combine ground beef, ground pork, chopped onion, garlic, oatmeal, an egg, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, salt, black pepper, thyme, parsley and rosemary for the meatloaf mixture.
– Whisk together ketchup, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, honey, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, and onion powder for the glaze.
– Spread half of the glaze over the meatloaf before baking and add the remaining glaze after 45-50 minutes.
– Let the meatloaf rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Enjoy your easy and gluten-free meatloaf with oatmeal and the best glaze!