Beef stew is a go-to comfort food that’s hearty, delicious, and perfect for cold, winter days. However, making it can be time-consuming and overwhelming, especially for beginners in the kitchen. That’s why we’re here to share with you the easiest way to make beef stew, minus the hassle and fuss.
Here’s what you’ll need:
– 2 lbs. of beef stew meat, chopped into bite-sized pieces
– 1 onion, diced
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 2 cups of beef broth
– 1 cup of red wine (optional)
– 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
– 2 teaspoons of thyme
– 2 bay leaves
– 1 lb. of baby potatoes, washed and halved
– 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
– Salt and pepper
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
1. In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute until fragrant and translucent.
2. Add the beef stew meat and brown on all sides.
3. Once the meat is browned, add the beef broth, red wine, tomato paste, thyme, and bay leaves. Stir everything together and bring to a simmer.
4. Reduce the heat to low and cover the pot with a lid. Let the stew simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until the meat is tender and cooked through.
5. Add the potatoes and carrots to the pot and let them cook for an additional 30 minutes, or until they’re tender.
6. Season the stew with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Your easy beef stew is ready to serve! Enjoy on its own or with a side of crusty bread or rice.
In summary, to make the easiest beef stew:
– Saute onions and garlic in olive oil
– Brown beef stew meat
– Add beef broth, red wine, tomato paste, thyme, and bay leaves
– Simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours
– Add potatoes and carrots and cook for an additional 30 minutes
– Season with salt and pepper to taste
– Serve and enjoy!