Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipe (Step-by-Step)
If you’re looking for an easy, comforting and delicious meal, then tuna noodle casserole is the perfect choice. This classic dish is a favorite of many families and can be made quickly and easily with pantry staples.
– 8 oz. egg noodles
– 2 cans of tuna, drained
– 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
– ½ cup milk
– 1 cup peas, canned or frozen
– ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Cook noodles according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
3. In a bowl, mix together the cream of mushroom soup, milk, salt and pepper until smooth.
4. In a large bowl, combine cooked noodles, tuna, peas, and the soup mixture. Stir until thoroughly combined.
5. Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and sprinkle with grated cheese.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
7. Remove from oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
8. Enjoy your delicious tuna noodle casserole!
– To make the casserole creamier, you can add a dollop of sour cream or cream cheese to the soup mixture.
– You can substitute the canned tuna with cooked chicken or shrimp for a different twist.
– You can add breadcrumbs to the top of the casserole before baking for a crispy topping.
– This casserole can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days before baking.
– Cook noodles until al dente and set aside.
– Mix together the cream of mushroom soup, milk, salt and pepper.
– Combine cooked noodles, tuna, peas, and soup mixture in a large bowl.
– Transfer mixture to a baking dish and sprinkle with grated cheese.
– Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
– Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
– Add sour cream or cream cheese for a creamier texture.
– Substitute tuna with chicken or shrimp.
– Add breadcrumbs for a crispy topping.
– Casserole can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days before baking.