Baked Spinach and Zucchini: The Perfect Side Dish for Your Meal
If you’re looking for a healthy and tasty side dish to complement your meal, then Ina Garten’s Baked Spinach and Zucchini is precisely what you need. This dish is an easy-to-make meal that contains all the necessary nutrients and great flavors that will satisfy your taste buds. Before we move on to the recipe, let’s take a quick look at some of the benefits of this dish.
Benefits of Baked Spinach and Zucchini
– Zucchini is an excellent source of vitamin C, potassium, and dietary fiber, which helps with digestion and weight management.
– Spinach also contains dietary fiber, as well as iron, vitamin K, and calcium, which helps to strengthen your bones and support your immune system.
– The combination of spinach and zucchini in this dish offers a low-calorie and nutrient-dense meal option that can help to balance your diet.
– 2 tablespoons good olive oil, plus extra for greasing the dish
– 2 medium zucchinis, sliced (around 3 cups)
– 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
– 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
– 2 cups (packed) chopped fresh spinach leaves
– 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
– 1/2 cup freshly grated Gruyere cheese
– 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs (2 slices, crusts removed)
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Grease a 9-inch square baking dish with olive oil.
3. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
4. Add the sliced zucchini to the skillet, season with salt and pepper, and sauté until tender and lightly browned, for about 10-12 minutes.
5. Add the chopped spinach to the skillet, and sauté for another 2-3 minutes, until wilted.
6. Transfer the spinach and zucchini mixture to the baking dish and spread it out evenly.
7. In a separate bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, Gruyere cheese, and fresh bread crumbs.
8. Sprinkle the cheese and bread crumb mixture over the top of the zucchini and spinach mixture.
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the top is golden brown, and the dish is heated through.
10. Let it cool for a few minutes, then serve it warm as an afternoon snack or as a side dish to your main meal.
Whether you’re looking for a delicious and nutritious side dish to add to your meal or something quick and easy to make for an afternoon snack, Baked Spinach and Zucchini is the perfect option for you. With nutrient-dense ingredients such as zucchini and spinach, you can easily balance your diet without sacrificing great taste. So, give this recipe a try and enjoy its many benefits!
– Baked Spinach and Zucchini is a healthy and tasty side dish that complements any meal.
– This dish is nutrient-dense, containing ingredients such as zucchini and spinach that provide dietary fiber, vitamins C and K, and calcium.
– To make this dish, you will need olive oil, zucchini, spinach, Parmesan cheese, Gruyere cheese, and fresh bread crumbs.
– You will sauté zucchini and spinach in a skillet, transfer them to a baking dish, top with cheese mixture, and bake for 20-25 minutes.
– Once done, let it cool for a few minutes before serving warm.