Tuna casserole is a beloved American classic that has stood the test of time. It’s a comforting, satisfying dish that’s easy to make and perfect for feeding a crowd. In this article, we’ll show you how to make the best tuna casserole using simple ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
– 8 oz egg noodles
– 2 cans of tuna, drained
– 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
– 1/2 cup mayonnaise
– 1/2 cup milk
– 1 cup frozen peas
– 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
– 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Cook the egg noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the drained tuna, cream of mushroom soup, mayonnaise, milk, and frozen peas until well combined.
4. Add the cooked noodles to the bowl and stir to combine.
5. Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Transfer the mixture to a 9×13 inch baking dish and spread it out evenly.
7. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese on top of the casserole.
8. In a separate mixing bowl, combine the breadcrumbs with a tablespoon of melted butter.
9. Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the cheese.
10. Bake the casserole in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
11. Let the casserole cool for a few minutes before serving.
– Cook egg noodles and drain
– Mix tuna, cream of mushroom soup, mayonnaise, milk, and frozen peas
– Add cooked noodles and season with salt and pepper
– Transfer mixture to 9×13 inch baking dish and add shredded cheddar cheese on top
– Combine breadcrumbs with melted butter and sprinkle on top of the cheese
– Bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees F for 25-30 minutes
– Let the casserole cool before serving