Carrot Custard Dessert Recipe: A Healthy and Delicious Treat
Desserts are something that everyone loves but sometimes they feel guilty about indulging in them. But what if we told you that there is a dessert that is healthy and delicious at the same time? Yes, you read that right. We are talking about the Carrot Custard Dessert. This dessert is not only tasty but also nutritious as it is made of carrots which are a rich source of vitamins and minerals.
So, let’s dive into the recipe and learn how to make this healthy treat.
– 2 cups of grated carrots
– 1 cup of milk
– 1 cup of heavy cream
– 3 eggs
– 2/3 cup of granulated sugar
– 1 tsp of vanilla extract
– 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder
– 1/2 tsp of nutmeg powder
– A pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a saucepan, add the milk and heavy cream and heat it on medium heat until it comes to a simmer.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar together until frothy.
4. Add the vanilla extract, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder, and a pinch of salt to the mixing bowl and whisk again.
5. Now, pour the hot milk and cream mixture into the mixing bowl and whisk everything together.
6. Add the grated carrots to the mixing bowl and stir everything well.
7. Pour the mixture into a baking dish and place it in the preheated oven.
8. Bake for about 45-50 minutes or until the custard is set and golden brown on top.
9. Take the baking dish out of the oven and let it cool down to room temperature.
10. Once it has cooled down, refrigerate it for at least an hour before serving.
Your delicious Carrot Custard Dessert is ready to serve.
– Carrot Custard Dessert is a healthy and delicious treat.
– Made of grated carrots, milk, heavy cream, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder, and a pinch of salt.
– Heat milk and heavy cream in a saucepan and whisk eggs and sugar together in a mixing bowl.
– Add the hot milk and cream mixture to the mixing bowl and whisk everything together.
– Add the grated carrots and stir everything well.
– Pour the mixture into a baking dish and bake for 45-50 minutes.
– Cool down to room temperature and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.