Classic Tuna Noodle Casserole Comfort Food Recipe
Tuna casserole is a classic comfort food that is both satisfying and easy to make. The dish is perfect for those nights when you want to enjoy something warm and comforting, without spending hours in the kitchen. It can also be a great way to use up leftover ingredients, such as canned tuna, noodles, and vegetables. Here’s how to make it:
– 1 lb. egg noodles
– 2 cans tuna, drained
– 1 can cream of mushroom soup
– 1 cup milk
– 1 cup frozen peas
– 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
– ½ cup breadcrumbs
– 2 tbsp. butter
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Cook the egg noodles according to package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the drained tuna, cream of mushroom soup, milk, frozen peas, shredded cheddar cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
4. Add the cooked egg noodles to the mixing bowl, and stir until they are coated in the tuna and mushroom mixture.
5. Pour the mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish.
6. In a small mixing bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and melted butter. Mix well.
7. Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the top of the tuna casserole in an even layer.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the casserole is heated through.
9. Let the casserole cool for a few minutes before serving.
– Cook egg noodles until al dente in a pot of boiling water.
– In a mixing bowl, combine drained tuna, mushroom soup, milk, frozen peas, shredded cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper.
– Mix cooked egg noodles with this tuna and mushroom mixture and pour into a 9×13 inch baking dish.
– Mix breadcrumbs and melted butter in another bowl and sprinkle over tuna noodle casserole in an even layer.
– Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until casserole is heated through and top turns golden brown.
– Let the casserole cool for a few minutes before serving.