Beef Stew Recipe: A Hearty and Delicious Meal
Having a rich and flavorful beef stew on a chilly day is the ultimate comfort food. But you don’t have to go out to a fancy restaurant to enjoy this amazing dish. In this recipe, we’ll show you how to make Laura Vitale’s Beef Stew that will warm your soul and belly.
– 2 1/2 lbs. beef chuck roast, cut into bite-sized pieces
– 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
– 2 tsp salt
– 1 tsp black pepper
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 1 onion, chopped
– 4 garlic cloves, chopped
– 1/4 cup tomato paste
– 2 cups beef broth
– 2 cups water
– 2 bay leaves
– 1 tsp dried thyme
– 4 medium-sized carrots, peeled and chopped
– 4 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and chopped
– 1/2 cup frozen peas
– 1/4 cup chopped parsley
1. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and black pepper. Add the beef pieces to the bowl and toss until they’re coated.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large dutch oven or pot on medium-high heat.
3. Once the oil is hot, add the beef pieces and let them cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until they’re browned on all sides.
4. Add the chopped onions and garlic, and let them sauté with the beef for 1-2 minutes until they’re soft.
5. Add the tomato paste and cook for a minute until it’s well-incorporated.
6. Pour in the beef broth and water, and stir everything together.
7. Add the bay leaves, dried thyme, and bring everything to a boil.
8. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and let everything simmer for 2 to 2 1/2 hours until the beef is tender.
9. Add the chopped carrots and potatoes to the pot, and let everything cook for an additional 20-30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
10. Stir in the frozen peas and let everything cook for another 5 minutes until they’re warmed through.
11. Remove the bay leaves from the pot and add the chopped parsley.
12. Serve the beef stew hot and enjoy!
– Beef stew is the ultimate comfort food.
– In this recipe, we used chuck roast, flour, salt, pepper, oil, onion, garlic, tomato paste, beef broth, water, bay leaves, thyme, carrots, potatoes, peas, and parsley.
– Coat the beef with flour mixture and brown in a Dutch oven. Then saute onions, garlic, and tomato paste. Pour in beef broth and water with bay leaves and thyme. Let it simmer until the beef is tender.
– Add chopped carrots and potatoes and let everything cook until the vegetables are tender. Add the peas and simmer for 5 minutes.
– Remove the bay leaves and add chopped parsley. Serve hot.