Tuna is a versatile and affordable ingredient that is easy to incorporate into many dishes. One of the most beloved tuna recipes is tuna casserole, which makes for a satisfying and comforting meal that is perfect for any occasion. In this recipe article, we will be exploring Cheryl’s excellent tuna casserole recipe on her home cooking show.
– 12 oz egg noodles
– 2 cans of tuna, drained
– 1 can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
– 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
– 1/2 cup of milk
– 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
– 1/2 cup of frozen peas
– 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375F and bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the egg noodles according to the package instructions until they are al dente, then drain and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the drained tuna, condensed cream of mushroom soup, mayonnaise, milk, grated parmesan cheese, and frozen peas. Mix well until all the ingredients are fully incorporated and the mixture is smooth.
3. Add the cooked egg noodles to the mixing bowl and stir until the noodles are thoroughly coated with the tuna mixture.
4. Transfer the tuna noodle mixture to a greased casserole dish and sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Bake the tuna casserole in the preheated oven for approximately 25-30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the mixture is heated through.
6. Remove the casserole from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Summary of the recipe:
– Preheat oven to 375F and boil salted water for egg noodles.
– Combine drained tuna, condensed cream of mushroom soup, mayonnaise, milk, parmesan cheese, and frozen peas in a mixing bowl.
– Add cooked egg noodles to the mixture and stir well.
– Transfer to a greased casserole dish and sprinkle with breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper.
– Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown and heated through. Serve after cooling for a few minutes.