Labanese Nights, also known as Layali Lubnan, is a popular dessert in Arabian cuisine. This sweet dish is made with semolina, heavy cream, milk and sugar, all cooked together to create a flavorful and creamy pudding-like consistency. The dish is then topped with a layer of whipped cream and decorated with pistachios, almonds or other nuts. Here’s how to make this delicious dessert at home:
– 1 cup semolina
– 1 cup heavy cream
– 1 cup milk
– 1 cup sugar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 2 cups whipped cream
– 1/2 cup chopped pistachios or almonds
1. In a large saucepan, mix together the semolina, heavy cream, milk, sugar, and vanilla extract.
2. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens and becomes creamy. This will take about 15-20 minutes.
3. Pour the mixture into a serving dish and let it cool to room temperature.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until set.
5. Once set, spread the whipped cream on top of the mixture in the serving dish.
6. Sprinkle the top with chopped pistachios or almonds.
7. Serve chilled.
– Labanese Nights is a popular dessert in Arabian cuisine.
– It is made with semolina, heavy cream, milk, and sugar and is topped with whipped cream and chopped nuts.
– To make it, cook together the semolina, heavy cream, milk, sugar, and vanilla extract until thick and creamy, then pour into a serving dish and chill.
– Cover with whipped cream and nuts before serving.