Mega Meatloaf | Jamie Oliver’s £1 Wonders
Meatloaf is a classic comfort food that people of all ages love. It is a versatile dish that can be served with mashed potatoes and vegetables, added to sandwiches, or even used as a pizza topping. This particular recipe for Mega Meatloaf by Jamie Oliver is a budget-friendly version that uses simple ingredients that are probably already in your kitchen.
– 2 onions, peeled and finely chopped
– 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
– 1 kg beef mince
– 2 large eggs
– 1/4 cup milk
– 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
– 1 tsp dried oregano
– 1 tsp dried basil
– 1 tsp paprika
– Salt and pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 190°C.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the finely chopped onions, garlic, beef mince, eggs, milk, breadcrumbs, dried oregano, dried basil, paprika, salt, and pepper.
3. Mix everything until fully combined and shape into a large meatloaf shape on a non-stick baking tray.
4. Use your hands to shape a slight well in the center of your meatloaf and fill with ketchup.
5. Bake your meatloaf for 1 hour, or until fully cooked and golden brown.
6. Enjoy hot with mashed potatoes or as desired.
– Meatloaf is a classic comfort food that can be enjoyed in many ways.
– Jamie Oliver’s Mega Meatloaf recipe is budget-friendly and uses simple ingredients.
– To make this recipe, combine finely chopped onions, garlic, beef mince, eggs, milk, breadcrumbs, dried oregano, dried basil, paprika, salt, and pepper.
– Shape everything into a loaf shape with a slight hole in the middle and fill with ketchup.
– Bake for 1 hour at 190°C.
– Serve hot with mashed potatoes or as desired.