Are you craving a classic, comforting casserole that’s both economical and easy to make? Look no further than this recipe for classic tuna noodle casserole! Follow these steps to prepare a delicious, hearty dinner full of nourishing ingredients.
What You’ll Need:
– 3 cans of tuna, drained and flaked
– 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
– ½ cup of mayonnaise
– 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon of onion powder
– 1 teaspoon of dried parsley
– 1 teaspoon of black pepper
– 1 box of egg noodles
– 1 cup of frozen peas
– 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
– 1 cup of breadcrumbs
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the drained tuna, cream of mushroom soup, mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, and black pepper. Mix well.
3. Cook the egg noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, combine the cooked egg noodles, frozen peas and tuna mixture. Mix until thoroughly combined.
5. Transfer the mixture to a 9×13 inch baking dish. Top with grated cheddar cheese and breadcrumbs.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown on top.
– Use canned tuna in water for a healthier option.
– Swap the cream of mushroom soup for cream of chicken soup if desired.
– Add in additional vegetables like mushrooms or diced bell peppers for more nutritional value.
– For a crunchy topping, mix together panko breadcrumbs with melted butter before sprinkling on top of the casserole.
In summary, this classic tuna noodle casserole is a delicious and affordable dinner option that can be easily prepared in just a few simple steps. With pantry staples like canned tuna and egg noodles, it’s a great meal to make ahead of time for busy weeknights. Add your favorite veggies and experiment with different toppings to create a meal that’s both satisfying and nutritious.