24 Hours of Healthy Student Cooking (Cheap and Realistic)
Being a student means being busy and limited on resources, and it’s easy to fall into the trap of fast food and junk food. However, cooking your own meals is both healthier and cheaper than store-bought options, and can be a satisfying and even enjoyable experience. This article will provide you with a 24-hour plan for healthy student cooking that is budget-friendly and realistic, enabling you to take charge of your nutrition and wellbeing.
Breakfast (Oatmeal Bowl)
Start your day with a hearty and nutritious breakfast that will keep you full until lunch. Oatmeal is an excellent option that is quick and easy to make. Here’s what you need:
– 1 cup rolled oats
– 2 cups of water
– 1/2 cup of milk
– 1 banana
– 1 tablespoon of honey
– 1 tablespoon of almond butter
– Pinch of salt
1. In a saucepan, bring the oats and water to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the milk, banana (sliced), honey, almond butter, and salt, and stir to combine.
4. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until the oatmeal is thick and creamy.
5. Pour into a bowl and enjoy!
Lunch (Vegetable Stir-Fry)
For lunch, opt for a colorful and flavorful stir-fry that is packed with veggies and protein. Here’s what you need:
– 1 cup of cooked brown rice
– 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
– 1/2 onion (sliced)
– 1/2 red bell pepper (sliced)
– 1 carrot (sliced)
– 1/2 cup of broccoli
– 1/2 cup of mushrooms
– 1/4 cup of soy sauce
– 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
– 1/2 teaspoon of grated ginger
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add the onion, bell pepper, carrot, broccoli, and mushrooms, and stir-fry for 5-7 minutes until the veggies are tender.
3. Add the soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
4. Serve the stir-fry over brown rice and enjoy!
Dinner (Pesto Pasta)
End your day with a satisfying and flavorful pasta dish that is easy to make and comforting to eat. Here’s what you need:
– 1/2 pound of whole wheat pasta
– 1 tablespoon of olive oil
– 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
– 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes (halved)
– 1/4 cup of pesto
– 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
2. In a pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
3. Add the garlic and cherry tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened.
4. Add the pesto and parmesan cheese and stir to combine.
5. Drain the pasta and add it to the pan, stirring to coat the pasta with the sauce.
6. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot!
– Breakfast: Oatmeal Bowl
– Lunch: Vegetable Stir-Fry served with brown rice
– Dinner: Pesto Pasta
Ensure to use healthy ingredients, include fruits and vegetables, whole grains instead of processed foods, and avoid overconsumption of salt, sugar, and saturated fats. This 24-hour healthy student cooking plan is budget-friendly and easy to follow. You can adjust the recipes based on your preferences and nutritional needs. Cooking your own meals is not only cheaper but also healthier and more satisfying than buying fast food. Empower yourself, take care of your nutrition, and enjoy your meals!