Tuna casserole is a go-to comfort food for many, but this recipe takes it to a whole new level of deliciousness. Here’s everything you’ll need to make the most epic tuna casserole ever.
– 1 pound of pasta (preferably egg noodles)
– 2 cans of solid white tuna in water, drained
– 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
– 1 cup of mayonnaise
– 1 cup of frozen peas
– 1/2 cup of chopped onion
– 1/2 cup of chopped celery
– 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
– 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package, making sure it is cooked al dente. Drain and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the cream of mushroom soup, mayonnaise, frozen peas, chopped onion, and chopped celery. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add the drained tuna to the bowl and gently mix everything together until well combined.
5. Combine the cooked pasta with the tuna mixture and stir until everything is evenly distributed.
6. Pour the mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish and top with shredded cheddar cheese and bread crumbs.
7. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes.
8. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the top is golden brown.
9. Allow the casserole to cool for a few minutes before serving.
– The most epic tuna casserole is made with pasta, solid white tuna, cream of mushroom soup, mayonnaise, frozen peas, chopped onion and celery, shredded cheddar cheese, and bread crumbs.
– Cook the pasta al dente, then mix it with the tuna mixture and pour into a baking dish.
– Top with shredded cheddar cheese and bread crumbs, cover with aluminum foil, and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
– Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted and the top is golden brown.
– Allow the casserole to cool for a few minutes before serving.