Tuna noodle casserole is an all-time favorite comfort food that is enjoyed by many people. Sunny Anderson’s version of this dish offers a unique twist on the traditional recipe, making it a must-try for anyone looking for a delicious and easy-to-make meal.
– 8 ounces egg noodles
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 1 onion, chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
– 2 cups milk
– 1 cup chicken broth
– 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
– 2 (6 ounce) cans solid white tuna, drained and flaked
– 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
– 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish and set aside.
2. Cook the egg noodles according to the package directions until al dente. Drain well and set aside.
3. In a large skillet, heat the butter over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic and sauté until translucent.
4. Add the flour and whisk until smooth. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the flour is cooked and the mixture is lightly browned.
5. Gradually add the milk and chicken broth, whisking continuously, until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
6. Add the frozen peas, tuna, and cheddar cheese to the skillet and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Add the cooked egg noodles to the skillet and stir to combine.
8. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
9. In a small bowl, mix together the panko bread crumbs and chopped parsley.
10. Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over the top of the casserole.
11. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the casserole is hot and bubbly and the bread crumbs are golden brown.
12. Let the casserole cool for a few minutes before serving.
– Cook egg noodles until al dente, drain and set aside.
– Sauté onion and garlic in butter until translucent, then add flour and whisk until smooth.
– Gradually add milk and chicken broth, whisking continuously.
– Add frozen peas, drained tuna, and cheddar cheese, and season with salt and pepper.
– Add cooked egg noodles to the skillet and stir to combine.
– Pour the mixture into a greased baking dish.
– Mix together panko bread crumbs and chopped parsley and sprinkle over the top of the casserole.
– Bake for 25-30 minutes at 375 degrees F.
– Let casserole cool before serving.