Tuna Noodle Casserole is a classic dish that has been enjoyed by many for decades. However, not everyone is a fan of its traditional recipe, which often includes canned soup and breadcrumbs. What if we told you that one ingredient change can transform this dish into something you will love? In this article, we will show you how to make a Tuna Noodle Casserole that everyone will enjoy.
– 1 can of tuna
– 2 cups of cooked egg noodles
– 1 cup of frozen peas
– 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
– 1 cup of milk
– 2 tablespoons of butter
– 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F.
2. In a large casserole dish, combine the cooked egg noodles, frozen peas, and can of tuna. Mix well.
3. In a medium-sized saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
4. Once the butter is melted, add in the all-purpose flour and whisk constantly for 2-3 minutes. This is your roux, and it will thicken your sauce.
5. Slowly add in the milk while whisking continuously to prevent lumps from forming. Stir in the garlic powder and dried thyme.
6. Once the sauce has thickened, pour it over the noodle mixture in the casserole dish. Stir gently to distribute the sauce evenly.
7. Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of the casserole.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
One ingredient changed everything. By swapping out the canned soup for a homemade, creamy sauce, this Tuna Noodle Casserole gets a delicious makeover. Here are some key takeaways from this recipe:
– Swap canned soup for homemade sauce to improve the taste and texture of the casserole.
– Add frozen peas for color and nutrition.
– Use a combination of garlic powder and dried thyme for added flavor.
– Always make a roux to thicken your sauce.
– Bake in a preheated oven to ensure even cooking.
– Enjoy your delicious Tuna Noodle Casserole!