Looking for a hearty and comforting meal that will keep you warm during cold winter nights? Look no further than this delicious Irish beef stew, made in the slow cooker for maximum convenience and flavor. Packed with tender beef, wholesome vegetables, and rich flavors, this stew is sure to please everyone at the dinner table.
– 1.5 pounds beef stew meat
– 1 large yellow onion, diced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 4 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
– 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
– 1 cup beef broth
– 1 cup Guinness beer (optional)
– 2 tablespoons tomato paste
– 2 teaspoons dried thyme
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon black pepper
– 2 bay leaves
1. In a large skillet, heat some olive oil over medium-high heat. Brown the beef stew meat in batches until nicely browned and seared on all sides. Transfer the meat to a slow cooker.
2. Add the diced onion and minced garlic to the same skillet and cook over medium heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Pour in the beef broth and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
3. Add the onion mixture to the slow cooker along with the sliced carrots, cubed potatoes, Guinness beer (if using), tomato paste, thyme, salt, pepper, and bay leaves. Stir to combine.
4. Cover and cook on low heat for 8-10 hours, or on high heat for 4-5 hours.
5. Before serving, remove the bay leaves and adjust seasoning as needed. Serve hot with crusty bread or over mashed potatoes.
This delicious Irish beef stew is sure to be a hit with your family and friends, and the slow cooker method makes it easy to prepare and serve. So why wait? Gather up the ingredients and get cooking today!
– This Irish beef stew is made in a slow cooker for maximum convenience and flavor.
– The stew includes tender beef, wholesome vegetables, rich flavors, and Guinness beer (optional).
– The recipe contains detailed instructions, including how to brown the beef first.
– After cooking, remove the bay leaves and adjust seasoning as needed.
– Serve hot with crusty bread or over mashed potatoes.