As a busy individual, it can sometimes be challenging to prepare a wholesome and delicious meal without breaking the bank. That’s where classic tuna casserole comes in, a staple for many families, and an easy to make meal that is both budget-friendly and tasty. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to make the perfect classic tuna casserole in no time:
– 1 can of tuna
– 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
– 1 cup of milk
– 2 cups of cooked pasta
– 1 cup of frozen peas
– 1 cup of cheddar cheese
– Bread crumbs (optional)
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine cream of mushroom soup, milk, and drained tuna.
3. Add cooked pasta, frozen peas, and half of the cheddar cheese into the bowl and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Pour the mixture into a casserole dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
5. Add bread crumbs on top for an extra crunchy texture (optional).
6. Cover the casserole dish with foil and place it in the preheated oven.
7. Bake for 20 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted, and bread crumbs are golden brown.
8. Let it cool for a few minutes before serving, and enjoy!
– Classic tuna casserole is an easy and budget-friendly meal idea that can be whipped up in no time.
– To make it, you will need tuna, cream of mushroom soup, milk, cooked pasta, frozen peas, cheddar cheese, bread crumbs (optional), salt, and pepper.
– Mix all the ingredients except for the cheese and bread crumbs in a bowl, and pour them into a casserole dish.
– Top with cheddar cheese and bread crumbs (optional) for extra texture and crunch.
– Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and bread crumbs are golden brown.
– Let it cool before serving, and enjoy!