Easter Pudding Recipe
Easter is a festive season that calls for special treats. Celebrate this holiday by indulging in a rich and flavorful Easter pudding recipe. This recipe is easy to prepare and makes a perfect dessert for any Easter gathering.
For the pudding:
• 1 cup whole milk
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 1/2 cup granulated sugar
• 2 tablespoons cornstarch
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 4 large egg yolks
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the topping:
• 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
• 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
• 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
• 1/4 cup granulated sugar
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1. In a medium-sized saucepan, heat whole milk, heavy cream, granulated sugar, cornstarch, and salt, whisking until combined.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks until foamy.
3. Pour one-quarter of the hot milk mixture into the bowl with the egg yolks, whisking the mixture continuously to avoid curdling. Allow the egg mixture to cool for a few minutes.
4. Pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan with the remaining milk mixture, whisking continuously over medium heat until the pudding thickens. This should take approximately 5 to 7 minutes.
5. Remove the pan from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
6. Pour the pudding into a large dish or individual serving dishes and refrigerate for at least 3 hours to allow it to set.
7. In a saucepan, combine strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, sugar, and lemon juice, stirring the mixture continuously over medium heat until the berries break down and the syrup thickens. Cool the mixture to room temperature.
8. Pour the topping over the pudding and serve.
This recipe yields an estimated 6 servings, with each serving approximately containing:
• 315 calories
• 17 grams of fat
• 35 grams of carbohydrates
• 3 grams of protein
• 0.15 grams of sodium
– Combine milk, heavy cream, sugar, cornstarch, and salt in medium saucepan
– Whisk egg yolks and pour 1/4 hot milk mixture, whisk immediately
– Combine egg mixture with remaining milk mixture, boil for 5-7 minutes
– Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract
– Chill for 3 hours
– For the topping, cook berries with sugar and lemon juice
– Pour topping over pudding and serve