If you’re feeling nostalgic for the 1970s or simply looking for a classic dish, then try making Simple Tuna Casserole. This hearty and delicious dish consists of pasta, creamy sauce, and canned tuna, making it an easy and budget-friendly dinner option. Here’s how to make this throwback recipe:
– 8 oz elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
– 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
– 1/2 cup whole milk
– 1/2 cup mayonnaise
– 1 can tuna, drained and flaked
– 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
– 1/2 cup crushed potato chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the cooked macaroni, cream of mushroom soup, milk, and mayonnaise.
3. Stir in the tuna and peas until well combined.
4. Transfer the mixture into a 2-quart casserole dish.
5. Sprinkle the crushed potato chips over the top of the casserole.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the casserole is heated through and the potato chips are lightly browned.
7. Remove from the oven and let stand for a few minutes before serving.
This simple and tasty dish is sure to please the whole family. The creaminess of the sauce, combined with the flavor of the tuna and crunchiness of the potato chips, makes for a satisfying meal. Plus, it’s easy to customize by adding your favorite ingredients, such as sliced mushrooms or shredded cheese.
Overall, Simple Tuna Casserole is a classic recipe that has stood the test of time. It’s budget-friendly, easy to make, and tastes delicious. Give it a try for a tasty trip down memory lane!
– Simple Tuna Casserole is a classic 1970s recipe consisting of pasta, cream of mushroom soup, canned tuna, and potato chips.
– It’s an easy and budget-friendly dinner option.
– The dish can be customized by adding your favorite ingredients, such as sliced mushrooms or shredded cheese.
– To make this dish, simply combine the ingredients in a large bowl, transfer to a casserole dish, sprinkle with potato chips, and bake until heated through and lightly browned.
– Simple Tuna Casserole is a tasty and satisfying meal that the whole family will love.