As a versatile and easy-to-prepare dish, Tuna Noodle Casserole makes an excellent choice for those days when you want to rustle up something quick, comforting, and wholesome. With just a handful of ingredients and some simple steps, you can create a flavorful and filling casserole that is sure to please everyone at the dinner table. Follow these instructions to make a classic Tuna Noodle Casserole in no time!
– 12 oz wide egg noodles
– 2 cans of tuna, drained and flaked
– 1 can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
– 1/2 cup of milk
– 1/2 cup of frozen peas
– 1/2 cup of chopped onion
– 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
– 1/2 cup of chopped celery
– 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
– 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
– 2 tbsp of butter
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Cook the egg noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the tuna, cream of mushroom soup, milk, frozen peas, chopped onion, mayonnaise, chopped celery, and some salt and pepper.
4. Add the cooked noodles to the bowl and mix well until everything is evenly combined.
5. Transfer the mixture to a 2-quart casserole dish.
6. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the bread crumbs and stir well to coat them evenly with the butter.
7. Sprinkle the bread crumbs over the casserole.
8. Sprinkle the grated parmesan cheese over the bread crumbs.
9. Bake the casserole in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the bread crumbs are golden brown and the filling is hot and bubbly.
10. Allow the casserole to cool for a few minutes before serving.
– Tuna Noodle Casserole is a quick and easy dish that is perfect for a comforting dinner.
– You can prepare the casserole using a few simple ingredients such as egg noodles, tuna, cream of mushroom soup, mayonnaise, vegetables, and bread crumbs.
– Cook the noodles, combine them with the other ingredients, and bake the casserole in the oven for a delicious and flavorful meal.
– Top the casserole with bread crumbs and parmesan cheese for a crispy and crunchy texture.
– Enjoy the casserole hot and fresh from the oven or refrigerate the leftovers for a tasty lunch the next day.