Casserole stew is the ultimate comfort dish that is easy to make and always satisfying. You can whip up a delicious and hearty meal in no time by following this recipe. This recipe is easy to make, and it’s perfect for a busy weeknight dinner. It’s also a great option for meal prep that you can enjoy throughout the week. Here’s how to make the best casserole stew.
– 2 pounds of stew beef
– 2 cups of beef broth
– 1 can of diced tomatoes
– 1 onion chopped
– 2 garlic cloves minced
– 2-3 celery stalks chopped
– 2-3 carrots sliced
– 1 cup of frozen peas
– 1 tsp of dried thyme
– 1 tsp of dried rosemary
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 3 tbsp of vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large cast-iron or oven-proof pot, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
3. Add your stew beef to the pot and cook until browned on all sides. Remove from the pot and set aside.
4. In the same pot, add onions, garlic, celery, and carrots. Cook for 5-6 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
5. Add thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
6. Add canned diced tomatoes and beef broth. Bring to a simmer.
7. Add the stew beef to the pot and stir to combine.
8. Cover the pot with a lid and place it in the preheated oven. Bake for 2-2.5 hours or until the beef is fork-tender.
9. Remove the pot from the oven and add frozen peas. Mix it properly and let them cook for 5-10 minutes till tender.
10. Adjust seasoning (salt and pepper) as necessary. Serve the casserole stew hot with bread or rice.
Bullet Points of Recipe:
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
– Brown the stew beef on all sides and remove it from the pot.
– Cook onions, garlic, celery and carrots until they are soft and add thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
– Add canned tomatoes and beef broth and bring to simmer.
– Add the stew beef and bake it for 2-2.5 hours in the oven.
– Remove it from the oven and add frozen peas.
– Adjust seasoning as necessary and serve hot with bread or rice.