Mardi Gras is a time for celebration, colorful parades, and scrumptious food. One of the most popular treats during the festival season is King Cake, a delicious pastry that dates back to medieval times. It is traditionally made with yeast dough, cinnamon, and sugar, and decorated with colored icing and sprinkles. However, if you’re short on time and ingredients, you can make an easy King Cake recipe with crescent rolls that is just as tasty.
– 2 cans of crescent rolls
– 1/2 cup of brown sugar
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 2 tablespoons melted butter
– 1/2 cup powdered sugar
– 1-2 tablespoons milk
– Purple, green, and gold decorative sugar or sprinkles (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Unroll one can of crescent rolls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Pinch the seams together to make a solid sheet of dough.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon.
4. Brush the melted butter evenly over the crescent roll dough.
5. Sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture over the melted butter, leaving a small border around the edges.
6. Unroll the second can of crescent rolls and place it on top of the brown sugar and cinnamon layer.
7. Press the edges of the two crescent roll sheets together to seal the cake.
8. With a sharp knife, cut a small hole in the center of the cake to allow steam to escape.
9. Bake the King Cake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
10. While the cake is baking, mix the powdered sugar and milk together in a small bowl to make a glaze.
11. Once the cake is done, remove it from the oven and cool it for a few minutes.
12. Drizzle the glaze over the top of the cake, allowing it to drip down the sides. Sprinkle the colored sugars or sprinkles over the top of the glaze.
13. Let the cake cool completely before serving.
– King Cake is a traditional pastry enjoyed during Mardi Gras.
– You can make an easy King Cake with crescent rolls.
– The ingredients for this recipe are crescent rolls, brown sugar, cinnamon, butter, powdered sugar, milk, and colored sugars/sprinkles.
– Unroll one can of crescent rolls on a baking sheet, and pinch the seams together.
– Add melted butter and a mixture of brown sugar and cinnamon to the dough.
– Unroll a second can of crescent rolls and place it on top of the first layer.
– Cut a small hole in the center of the cake and bake for 20-25 minutes.
– Once the cake is done, let it cool and drizzle a glaze of powdered sugar and milk on top.
– Sprinkle colored sugars/sprinkles over the glaze.
– Let the cake cool completely before serving.