Homemade beef stew is a classic comfort food that is both delicious and easy to make. This recipe for beef stew with carrots and potatoes is a great way to warm up on a cold winter day or to enjoy as a hearty meal any time of year.
– 2 pounds of beef stew meat
– 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
– 1 onion, chopped
– 3 cloves of garlic, minced
– 4 cups of beef broth
– 2 cups of water
– 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
– 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
– 1 teaspoon of thyme
– 1 teaspoon of salt
– 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
2. Add the beef stew meat and cook until browned on all sides, about 5-7 minutes.
3. Remove the beef from the pot and set it aside.
4. Add the chopped onion to the pot and cook until softened, about 3-5 minutes.
5. Add the minced garlic to the pot and cook for an additional minute.
6. Add the beef broth and water to the pot and bring to a boil.
7. Add the browned beef back to the pot along with the chopped carrots, chopped potatoes, thyme, salt, and black pepper.
8. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until the beef is tender and the vegetables are cooked through.
9. Serve hot and enjoy!
– Beef stew with carrots and potatoes is a classic comfort food.
– This recipe is easy to make using simple ingredients.
– Brown the beef stew meat in vegetable oil before adding the onions and garlic.
– Add beef broth, water, thyme, salt, and black pepper and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
– Serve hot and enjoy!