Shrikhand is a popular Indian dessert made from strained yogurt, known as hung curd. It has a creamy and smooth texture, with a sweet and tangy flavor. This dessert is traditionally served during festivals and special occasions in India. Although it may seem like a complicated dessert to make, it is quite easy to prepare at home. In this article, we will be sharing an easy Shrikhand recipe that you can make in your own kitchen.
– 2 cups hung curd (strained yogurt)
– 1 cup powdered sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
– A pinch of saffron strands
– 1 tablespoon warm milk
– Chopped nuts for garnishing
1. Hang the curd in a muslin cloth for at least 4-5 hours or overnight to remove excess moisture and obtain the thick and creamy hung curd.
2. Soak the saffron strands in warm milk for a few minutes to bring out its flavor and color.
3. In a mixing bowl, add the hung curd, powdered sugar, cardamom powder, and saffron milk. Mix well until all the ingredients are combined and the sugar has dissolved completely.
4. Cover the bowl with a lid and place it in the refrigerator for at least an hour to chill and set.
5. Once the Shrikhand has set, garnish it with chopped nuts of your choice.
6. Serve chilled and enjoy your homemade Shrikhand!
– Hang curd in a muslin cloth for 4-5 hours to obtain thick and creamy hung curd
– Soak saffron strands in warm milk
– Mix hung curd, powdered sugar, cardamom powder, and saffron milk in a bowl
– Chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour
– Garnish with chopped nuts before serving
– Serve chilled and enjoy your homemade Shrikhand!