Easy Dessert Recipes: Jelly Slice in 4 Ingredients by Kim McCosker
Looking for a simple and delicious dessert recipe that will wow your guests or sate your sweet tooth? Try this Jelly Slice recipe from bestselling cookbook author Kim McCosker of 4 Ingredients.
– 1 packet of raspberry or lemon jelly
– 1 can of condensed milk
– 200g of plain digestive biscuits
– 150g of butter
Preparing the base:
1. Crush the digestive biscuits using a rolling pin, food processor, or mortar and pestle.
2. Melt the butter in a pan over low heat. Add the crushed biscuits into the melted butter and mix until combined.
3. Pour the biscuit mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish or tray, and press down using a spoon or spatula to form an even base layer.
4. Put the baking dish into the fridge and chill for 15-20 minutes.
Preparing the jelly layer:
5. Prepare the jelly according to the package instructions, using half the recommended amount of water. Let it set and cool for 10-15 minutes.
6. Using a whisk or electric mixer, beat the condensed milk in a bowl until it becomes smooth.
7. Pour the condensed milk over the biscuit base layer, making sure it’s evenly spread.
8. Pour the cooled jelly on top of the condensed milk layer, making sure it’s also evenly spread.
9. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until set.
10. Remove the Jelly Slice from the fridge and cut into squares or bars using a sharp knife.
11. Serve and enjoy!
– Crush digestive biscuits and mix with melted butter to form the base layer.
– Beat condensed milk and pour over the base layer.
– Prepare and pour cooled jelly on top of condensed milk layer.
– Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours before cutting into squares or bars.
– Easy and delicious!