If you’re looking for a hearty comfort food recipe that’s perfect for cold nights, look no further than this slow cooker beef stew recipe. With tender chunks of beef, flavorful vegetables, and a savory broth, this stew will warm you up from the inside out. The best part? It’s incredibly easy to make in a slow cooker, so you can set it and forget it until it’s ready to serve.
– 2 lbs. beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
– 2 tbsp. flour
– 1 tsp. salt
– 1/2 tsp. black pepper
– 1 tbsp. olive oil
– 1 onion, chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 4 cups beef broth
– 1 tsp. dried thyme
– 1 tsp. dried rosemary
– 2 bay leaves
– 4 carrots, chopped
– 4 potatoes, chopped
– 1 cup frozen peas
1. In a small bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and pepper. Coat the beef in the flour mixture.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
3. Transfer the beef to the slow cooker. Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
4. Add the beef broth, thyme, rosemary, and bay leaves to the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
5. Add the carrots and potatoes to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or on high for 4-5 hours.
6. About 30 minutes before serving, add the frozen peas to the slow cooker. Stir to combine and cook until heated through.
7. Serve the beef stew hot, garnished with chopped parsley if desired.
– Mix flour, salt, and pepper and coat the beef with the mixture.
– Brown beef in a skillet.
– Add beef to slow cooker.
– Cook onion and garlic in the same skillet.
– Add beef broth, thyme, rosemary, and bay leaves to slow cooker.
– Add carrots and potatoes to slow cooker.
– Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
– Add frozen peas 30 minutes before serving.
– Serve hot and garnish with parsley if desired.