Tuna Casserole Recipe
Tuna casserole is a classic dish that’s easy to make and perfect for feeding a hungry family. This recipe only requires a few ingredients, most of which you probably already have in your kitchen!
– 8 oz dry egg noodles
– 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
– ½ cup milk
– 1 cup frozen peas
– 1 can (12 oz) tuna, drained and flaked
– 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– Optional toppings: crushed potato chips or bread crumbs
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. Cook your egg noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the cream of mushroom soup and milk. Add your frozen peas, tuna, and cooked noodles. Mix everything until it’s well combined.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Transfer the mixture into a baking dish and top with shredded cheddar cheese.
6. If desired, sprinkle crushed potato chips or bread crumbs on top of the cheese.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
8. Remove from oven and let sit for a few minutes before serving.
– You can use any type of pasta in this recipe, but we recommend egg noodles for their texture and flavor.
– If you don’t have frozen peas on hand, you can also use canned peas or substitute with another vegetable, such as broccoli or corn.
– For a more indulgent version, add a dollop of sour cream or cream cheese to the mixture before baking.
– Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
In summary, to make a tuna casserole, you’ll need to:
– Cook egg noodles
– Combine soup, milk, peas, tuna, and noodles in a bowl
– Season with salt and pepper
– Transfer mixture to baking dish
– Top with shredded cheese (and optional toppings)
– Bake for 20-25 minutes until cheese is melted
– Let cool before serving.