Tuna casserole is a comfort food classic that combines creamy, cheesy pasta with protein-rich tuna. It’s a dish that’s easy to prepare and always satisfying. Here’s how to make a classic tuna casserole bake that your whole family will love.
– 8 oz elbow macaroni or other small pasta shape
– 2 cans of tuna, drained
– 1 can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
– 1/2 cup milk
– 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
– 1/2 cup frozen peas
– 1/2 cup crushed potato chips
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream of mushroom soup, milk, half of the cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
4. Add the drained tuna, cooked pasta, and frozen peas to the mixing bowl. Stir until the ingredients are well combined.
5. Transfer the mixture to a 9×13 inch baking dish. Spread it out evenly.
6. Sprinkle the remaining cheese and crushed potato chips on top of the casserole.
7. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes.
8. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the potato chips are golden brown.
9. Let the casserole cool for a few minutes before serving.
– Boil pasta until al dente.
– Mix together cream of mushroom soup, milk, half of the cheese, and salt and pepper.
– Combine drained tuna, cooked pasta, and frozen peas in the mixing bowl.
– Transfer to a baking dish, and sprinkle the remaining cheese and crushed potato chips on top.
– Bake for 25 minutes with foil, then remove foil and bake for additional 10-15 minutes.
– Let it cool down for a few minutes before serving.