Easter is a time of celebration, and what better way to celebrate than with a delicious dessert? The Easter dirt cake is a favorite among families and friends during this special occasion. This recipe is easy to make and will definitely be a hit at your Easter dinner or gathering.
– 1 package of Oreo cookies
– 1 package of instant vanilla pudding mix
– 2 cups of milk
– 1/2 cup of butter, softened
– 1 cup of powdered sugar
– 8 oz of cream cheese, softened
– 8 oz of whipped topping
– 1 bag of mini-eggs or jelly beans
– 1 cookie or cake crumb mixture (optional)
1. Crush the Oreo cookies into small pieces. This can be done by placing them in a plastic bag and crushing them with a rolling pin or by using a food processor.
2. Prepare the vanilla pudding mix according to the instructions on the package, using 2 cups of milk. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together the softened butter, powdered sugar, and cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
4. Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture until well combined.
5. Layer the ingredients in a large glass bowl or trifle dish. Start with a layer of crushed Oreo cookies at the bottom.
6. Add a layer of the cream cheese mixture, followed by a layer of the prepared vanilla pudding.
7. Repeat the layers until all the ingredients are used up.
8. Top the mixture with the mini-eggs or jelly beans, and sprinkle the cookie or cake crumb mixture on top for added texture and presentation.
9. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
– Crush Oreos into small pieces
– Prepare vanilla pudding mix with 2 cups of milk
– In a separate bowl, cream together softened butter, powdered sugar, and cream cheese
– Fold whipped topping into cream cheese mixture
– Layer ingredients in a large glass bowl or trifle dish: crushed Oreos on bottom, followed by cream cheese mixture, and then vanilla pudding
– Top with mini-eggs or jelly beans and cookie or cake crumb mixture (optional)
– Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.