As a food enthusiast, I have come across countless recipes, but none can compare to my comforting 1 Pot Beef Stew. This dish ticks all the boxes: hearty, flavorful, and easy to make. In this recipe article, I will share with you my secret to making the best beef stew that will leave you feeling warm and satisfied on a chilly day.
– 1-pound beef chuck, cut into bite-sized pieces
– 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon black pepper
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 onion, diced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
– 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
– 2 cups beef broth
– 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
– 2 bay leaves
– 1 teaspoon dried thyme
– 1 cup frozen peas
– Chopped parsley, for garnish
1. In a bowl, mix the flour, salt, and pepper. Toss the beef in the mixture, making sure to coat it evenly.
2. In a Dutch oven or a pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the beef and brown it on all sides. Remove the beef from the pot and set it aside.
3. In the same pot, sauté the onion and garlic until they become fragrant. Add the carrots and potatoes and cook for about 5 minutes.
4. Add the beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaves, and thyme. Bring the stew to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 2 hours, or until the beef is tender.
5. A few minutes before serving, add the frozen peas to the stew and let them cook for about 5 minutes.
6. Remove the bay leaves and garnish with chopped parsley before serving.
– Mix flour, salt, and pepper in a bowl before tossing the beef.
– Brown the beef in a Dutch oven or pot before setting it aside.
– Sauté the onion and garlic before adding carrots and potatoes.
– Add beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaves, and thyme before simmering.
– Add frozen peas a few minutes before serving.
– Remove bay leaves and garnish with parsley.