Are you looking for a quick and easy dinner recipe that is packed with flavor and protein? Look no further than this Tuna Tetrazzini recipe from the ONIE Project!
What You Need:
– 8 ounces whole-grain spaghetti
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 tablespoon butter
– 1 onion, chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
– 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
– 1/2 cup milk
– 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
– 1/4 cup chopped parsley
– 1 can tuna, drained
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
3. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the flour to the skillet and stir to create a roux. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the roux is lightly browned.
5. Gradually add the chicken broth and milk to the skillet, whisking constantly to create a smooth sauce. Cook for 5-7 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
6. Add the Parmesan cheese, parsley, and tuna to the skillet. Stir to combine.
7. Add the cooked spaghetti to the skillet and toss to coat with the sauce.
8. Season the tetrazzini with salt and pepper to taste.
9. Transfer the tetrazzini to a baking dish and bake for 20-30 minutes until the top is golden and crispy.
This Tuna Tetrazzini recipe is not only easy to make but also nutritious and delicious. The whole-grain spaghetti provides complex carbohydrates while the tuna provides protein and Omega-3 fatty acids. Here are some key takeaways from this recipe:
– Use whole-grain spaghetti instead of white pasta for added fiber and nutrients.
– Make a roux with flour, butter, and oil to thicken the sauce.
– Gradually add the chicken broth and milk to create a smooth sauce.
– Add Parmesan cheese, parsley, and drained tuna to the skillet.
– Toss the spaghetti with the sauce and season to taste with salt and pepper.
– Transfer the tetrazzini to a baking dish and bake until golden and crispy.
Now that you know how to make this tasty and nutritious Tuna Tetrazzini, you can satisfy your hunger with ease. Bon appétit!