How to: Easter Rice Krispie Cakes
Easter is a time for celebration and indulgence in sweet treats, and what better way to celebrate than with Rice Krispie cakes? These tasty treats are easy to make and a great way to get kids involved in the kitchen.
– 50g unsalted butter
– 150g marshmallows
– 150g Rice Krispies
– 100g mini chocolate eggs
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
2. Add the marshmallows to the pan and stir constantly until melted and fully combined with the butter.
3. Add the Rice Krispies to the pan and stir until they are completely coated in marshmallow mixture.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and add in the mini chocolate eggs. Stir gently to distribute them evenly throughout the mixture.
5. Line a muffin tin with cupcake cases and spoon the Rice Krispie mixture into each case.
6. Press down gently to pack the mixture in and create a flat top.
7. Place the muffin tin in the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes, or until the mixture has set.
8. Once set, remove the Rice Krispie cakes from the muffin tin and decorate as desired. You could use icing pens to draw on patterns, or add extra mini chocolate eggs on top.
9. Serve and enjoy!
– Melt butter and marshmallows in a pan over low heat
– Add Rice Krispies and stir until coated in mixture
– Add mini chocolate eggs and stir gently
– Spoon mixture into lined muffin tin and chill in fridge until set
– Decorate as desired and serve.