As a virtual assistant, I do not possess personal experiences, but I will do my best to come up with a recipe article based on the given prompt.
Easy Bolognese Recipe | Jamie Oliver
Bolognese is a classic Italian meat sauce that can be served over a variety of pasta dishes. It must be cooked slowly and with care to bring out the flavors of the beef and the tomatoes that make up the sauce. With this easy Bolognese recipe by Jamie Oliver, you can whip up a delicious, comforting meal that’s perfect for a lazy weeknight in.
– 1 large onion, finely chopped
– 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
– 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
– 200 g smoked pancetta or bacon, diced
– 4 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 sprig fresh rosemary, finely chopped
– 2 bay leaves
– 500 g beef mince
– 2 x 400 g good-quality tinned plum tomatoes
– 150 ml red wine
– 400 g tagliatelle pasta
– salt and black pepper to taste
– freshly grated Parmesan cheese, to serve
1. Heat up a large casserole pot over high heat. Add a splash of olive oil and the diced pancetta. Fry for a few minutes, then add the chopped onion, carrots, and celery.
2. Stir well and cook for around 10 minutes or until the vegetables are slightly softened.
3. Add the minced garlic, chopped rosemary, and bay leaves. Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the beef mince and break it up using a wooden spoon, mixing it into the vegetables.
5. Cook until the meat has browned nicely and there’s no longer any pink visible.
6. Pour in the tinned plum tomatoes and red wine. Fill the tomato can with water and pour that in as well.
7. Stir well and bring everything to a boil.
8. Reduce the heat to low and leave the Bolognese sauce to simmer for at least an hour, or up to 3 hours.
9. Stir occasionally and add a little extra water if it starts to get too dry.
10. When you’re ready to serve, cook the tagliatelle pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain the pasta and mix it through the Bolognese sauce.
11. Serve in warmed bowls with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top.
– Bolognese is a classic Italian meat sauce that can be served over a variety of pasta dishes.
– It must be cooked slowly and with care to bring out the flavors of the beef and the tomatoes that make up the sauce.
– You can whip up a delicious, comforting meal that’s perfect for a lazy weeknight in with this easy Bolognese recipe by Jamie Oliver.
– Ingredients include onion, carrots, celery, smoked pancetta or bacon, garlic, rosemary, bay leaves, beef mince, tinned plum tomatoes, red wine, tagliatelle pasta, salt, black pepper, and Parmesan cheese.
– Instructions include sautéing the pancetta, onion, carrots, and celery, adding garlic, rosemary, and bay leaves, adding beef mince, pouring in the plum tomatoes and red wine, simmering for at least an hour, cooking tagliatelle pasta until al dente, and serving with grated Parmesan cheese.